Team Work and Team Building
We are a member of a range of teams in our daily lives, at home, in the community, and at work. A strong team is the key for any successful business and this course will encourage participants to explore all aspects of a team and how they can be an effective team performer. You will become familiar with details and concepts of what makes up an effective team, building approach to solving team problems, and what contributes to being a successful team and team member.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this training course, you should be able to:
- Describe the concept of a team, and its factors for success
- Explain the four phases of the Tuckman team development model and define their characteristics
- List the three types of teams
- Describe actions to take as a leader – and as a follower for each of the four phases (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing)
- Discuss the uses, benefits and disadvantages of various team-building activities
- Describe several team-building activities that you can use, and in what settings
- Follow strategies for setting and leading team meetings
- Detail problem-solving strategies using the Six Thinking Hats model -- and one consensus-building approach to solving team problems
- List actions to do -- and those to avoid -- when encouraging teamwork.